Thursday, April 26, 2012

Go Bananas for Soft, Glowing Skin!

For some reason, my household just can't seem to finish off an entire bunch of bananas before the bananas become too ripe. I dutifully make banana bread/muffins out of the remaining few pieces of fruit, but yesterday, (probably due to the fact that I already have a bag full of said muffins in my freezer), I just didn't feel like baking.

I also didn't feel like wasting these banana either.

You don't have to eat a banana to take advantage of its vitamins. You can also mash it up and put it on your face.

Banana Honey Mask
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 tsp honey
  • splash of milk (optional)
Mash the banana in a bowl, add honey and mix. Add a splash of milk if mask is too thick. Apply to face and wait 10 min before washing it off. There is enough mask for multiple faces or you can apply to your hands and feet as well. (The latter is a perfect excuse to watch tv and have hubby mind the kids.) Prepare to feel a difference in your skin immediately.

You can spend $20, $30, or more for a tube of chemicals to achieve, (at best), the same results or you can make this mask for pennies.

Enjoy!
_________________________________________________________________________
SocialLiving Deal - You know me, I'm always looking for some fun, cheap place to take the kiddies. For those living in the DC Metro area, I'm sure you've heard of the annual Strawberry Festival at the Briggs Chaney-Greencastle Farmers and Artisans' Market. A family pack of tickets includes 2 adult tickets, 2 children's tickets, a 4-item brunch sampler, 2 pony rides for the kids, and a $5 market coupon. The bundle will normally set you back $25 dollars, but click on the link below to get it for only $12.

Family Pack to Strawberry Festival for $12

2 comments:

kylene said...

Add a little coffee grounds for and energetic firming kick

Gainfully Unemployed said...

Thanks for the great tip; I am definitely going to try that one!