Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Angry Birds Pizza!!

My three year old loves, loves, LOVES Angry Birds. He loves it so much so, that when I asked him last week if he wanted to eat pizza, he replied that he wanted to Angry Birds pizza. So, I rolled up my sleeves and gave it a crack. Archer loved it, and I think your little one will too!

First, roll out your favorite pizza dough and transfer it to your baking sheet.

No need to make the edges pretty!! 
Using a dull knife, sketch out the shape of the red angry bird into the dough. The nice thing with dough is if you make a mistake, it's ok, it's a very forgiving medium. Just be sure not to cut the dough until you're happy with the shape of your angry bird, or you make have to re-roll the dough. Once you have a decent angry bird sketched out, cut it out, and remove the excess dough.

You can see some old sketch marks. That's ok, they'll be covered by the sauce and cheese.
Add sauce and cheese.


Next, add the pepperoni for the birds feathers. You'll have to cut some of the piece to size. Overlap the pepperoni. I find the pepperoni tends to slide towards the edge of the pizza resulting in gaps in the bird's feathers. Overlapping will resolve this problem.


Now it's time to add the bird's features. Use sliced black olives for the bird's eyebrows and pupils. Use mushroom caps for the eyes. For some reason, the grocery store didn't have yellow bell pepper the day I went shopping, so I used yellow squash.


Bake at 425 degrees until the cheese melts and the crust is golden, about 12 min. This pizza does take a little longer to prepare than a normal pizza, but, if your kid loves Angry Birds as much as mine does, it'll be well worth the time.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Pase121 said...

Very cool! My little sister loves angry birds...I might have to try this.

Gainfully Unemployed said...

If your sister loves Angry Birds, you have to make this pizza for her. Archer was literally jumping up and down when we saw it. :D