Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Japanese Noodles

A few weeks ago, I invited some friends over to the house. Since I'd be busy cleaning the house while keeping an eye on my energetic little boys, I knew couldn't spend too much time or effort making lunch.

Enter this easy Japanese noodles recipe. It's perfect for causal entertaining. I made the sauce first thing in the morning, while the boys were occupied with breakfast. When my guests arrived, I simply boiled a pot pasta and added it to the sauce. Done. Easy. Loved it.

You'll need:

  • 12 ounces thin noodles
  • 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons pure sesame oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot chili sauce (or more if you like, I kept it mild for the kiddies)
  • 4 Tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 Tablespoon hot water (resevered from pasta water)
  • 4 whole green onions, slice thin



Bring a pot of water to boil, add pasta and cook according to the directions on box.

Add all ingredients, (except the noodles and green onions), in a large bowl and whisk together. If you're making the sauce ahead of time, you can add the hot water to the sauce when you're ready to serve. The hot water helps to get the sauce to the right consistency.



Once the noodles are cooked, add to bowl. Add half the green onion; mix well. Sprinkle remaining green onions on top.



It's delish just like this, or...

...you can add chicken...


...or shrimp...


...or both!!



Enjoy!!

No comments: