Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas

According to the American Research Group, Inc, Americans will spend an average of $646 on Christmas gifts this year. Given my current employment status, I am going to try to do that with just $130. So who is on my Christmas list this year?

2 babies under 1;
2 male preschoolers;
1 male 14 year old;
1 female 20 year old;
1 male 22 year old;
1 male 27 year old;
1 male 31 year old;
My parents;
Hubby's parents.

If you're counting, yep, that's 13 gifts for $130.  $10 a piece.  Am I crazy? Probably, but there has to be a way to spend the holidays without spending over $600.  Here are the ground rules:

No regifting - I won't be rummaging through my closets in order to meet this goal.
No homemade gifts - Although I love my homemade pies, I can't assume everyone is into homemade gifts.
I will not be giving out any coupons that may be later redeemed  at a later date for any type of manual labor to be performed by me.
The total includes tax and any shipping costs.

As I come across my incredible buys, I'll post them here in case something I find interests someone else.  If anyone has any suggestions, please share. I'm afraid I may have made my goal a little too aggressive!!

~GU
__________________________________________________________________________
As with everyone else, some days are more hectic for me than others.  On these days, crossing off even one item from my to-do list is an accomplishment.  Below is the daily task I will complete today; feel free to join me:

Cleaning the bathroom

2 comments:

kylene said...

Good luck Nadia I need to take a page from your book

Gainfully Unemployed said...

Thanks, Kylene! :) I hope I can find something you can use as well.