Thursday, June 14, 2012

Personalized Match Boxes

Here's a fun, easy project the kids can help you complete. And since Father's Day is right around the corner, these would be great for the kiddies to hand out to daddies and granddaddies.

You'll need:


Modge Podge
Match boxes
Your favorite pictures
Scissors
Small brush
Magnet sheets (optional)

After selecting your pix, (Archer had a lot of fun helping me choose the pictures), use the match box to outline the part you want to cut out.
Using the brush, apply a thin layer of Modge Podge to the front of the match box. Here is a pic of Archer helping me apply the Modge Podge. Firmly press your picture to the match box. Apply a thin layer of Modge Podge on the the picture. Apply a second coat 15 minutes later to seal the photo.
Here's the finished product. I also cut a magnet sheet to the size of the boxes and glued it the back of the boxes. Now these match boxes double as cute magnets. This will come in real handy during a black out and you're looking for matches in the dark. You'll know exactly where they are!

I got a 10 pack of match boxes at my local grocery store for $.69. I bought the Modge Podge at Micheal's for $4.50 after using the 50% off coupon found in the newspaper. The 10 pictures cost under $1. I simply re-purposed a magnet sheet I got in the mail advertising pizza. So all in all, the whole project cost about $6.

Enjoy!

No comments: