Friday, June 8, 2012

Semi-Homemade Wrapping Paper

So, I'm the type of person who wraps a gift literally 3 minutes before heading out the door to get to the event. I was recently invited to a birthday party that was to be held on a Wednesday morning, and since hubby would be at work at that time and would not be able to help me get the boys ready, I thought it would be best to wraps the presents the day before.

I go to my stash of wrapping and discover that I only have Christmas paper left. I really didn't feel like loading the kids into the car just to pick up wrapping paper, so I decided to improvise. :)

I measured and cut the paper to fit the gifts and flipped the paper over and had Archer paint the blank side.

Archer loves painting.

Here's the finished artwork.

These gifts look really nice in their Archer originals!
To make the gift more fun for the 4 year old birthday boy, instead of attaching a card, I added a children's book and noted on the inside cover who the gifts were to and from. I also attached a sheet of stickers, because what 4 year old doesn't love stickers? If you're wrapping gifts for a little girl, another fun addition would be to sprinkle glitter to the paint while its still wet. :D

Now, this semi-homemade wrapping paper may not be the most appropriate paper for a child's gift, (and was done since I was in a bit of a pinch), it IS a great idea for wrapping the Father's Day present your child intends on giving his daddy in about a week. You can also use this idea to wrap gifts intended for mothers, grandparents, uncles, aunts, godparents, etc. They love this kind of stuff! ;)

Enjoy!

No comments: