Friday, February 24, 2012

Kid (and Animal) Friendly Safari Hunt!!

The weather gods must have heard my pleas! What a beautiful day we received yesterday; so I packed up the kiddies and headed straight to the zoo. Now, when we normally go to the zoo, we see the same 5 animals each time. The reason being is because we follow Archer's lead and, as you know, a 2 1/2 year old can get distracted quite easily. Why should he walk farther to see animals when there are perfectly good animals right in front of him?

Well, this time I came armed with Archer's Safari Hunt! I made a list of animals I thought he'd like to see and wrote it up on a Word doc. Since Archer can't read yet, next to each word, I added a picture of the animal. When we got to the zoo, I handed him the safari hunt list. You should have seen his face light up. He couldn't wait to find all the animals in the zoo!

Of course, you can make your list as long as you'd like. When you make your list, just be cognizant of the distance between each animal. You might not want to walk to distance of a half marathon! On the bottom of my word doc, I also added space for us to write down the other animals we saw on our trip, Archer's favorite animal that day, and the date. 

Enjoy! 

No comments: