Monday, February 13, 2012

A Time Saver a Day, Keeps the Stress Away!

Ask any harried mother, (or busy human being for that matter), what could make life a little easier, and I guarantee you that they will say a clone of themselves. As I am no mad scientist, what I can offer are some time saving tips to help you make the most of what little time you have.

Little Mesh Bag
Keep a little mesh bag in each of the kiddies' room and throw their dirty socks in there. Come laundry day, throw the bag in the washer and then the dryer. When you're ready to sort and fold the laundry, all the kids' socks will already be separated and even better, no more missing socks!

Menu Planner
Picture a very hungry family and a very tired mother standing in front of an open fridge in quiet desperation. If this scene sounds familiar to you, menu planning may be the thing for you. Before you go grocery shopping, plan your menu for the entire week. This way you know exactly what you're going to be eating each night. (You'll also save time by not walking aimlessly in the grocery store.) To save even more time, while you're chopping veggies for tonight dinner, go ahead and chop tomorrow night's as well. You already have the chopping board out. :)

Frozen Dinner
Everyone once in a while, double a batch of the dinner that you're making and freeze it; because, let's be honest, making dinner every single night is not an attainable goal. For those days when you don't have time to make a home cooked meal, just defrost one. This will save you time running out and picking up a less healthy option for your family.

Emergency Stash
There's nothing I hate more than when I'm in the middle of running errands and Archer calls from the car seat that he's hungry. Instead of wasting time by stopping by a fast-food place, have some snacks and juice boxes in the glove box.

Ready to Return
When I have items that need to be returned, I put the item in my trunk, along with the receipt in the bag. This way when I happen to pass the store in my travels, I can make a quick stop and make the return. No need to make a special trip!

No comments: