Friday, December 9, 2011

Disconnect to Reconnect

If you keep up with my blog, you know that earlier this week I was without internet access for one day. What you didn't know was that I was without television or phone access as well. For the whole day. With an energetic 2 year old running around. And since it was a rainy day, playing outside was not an option.

So what did I do?

I spent the whole day focused on the kids. There was no Yo Gabba Gabba, Blue's Clues, or Law & Order interrupting our quality time. No checking of email or updating of Facebook statuses.  There were just books, story telling, puzzles, play doh, dancing, and make believe.

Obviously, this day was pretty tiring for me since it was constant go-go-go from 5:30am when Archer woke up till 6:30pm when hubby came home; but it was filled with many more laughs and memories. Saying this, I won't keep up this disconnected state because our modern world doesn't allow for both that level of "hermit"-tude and with being a well informed person.

I do, however, appreciate the reminder that occasionally it's nice go off the grid and do activities that  connect you on a deeper level with your family, than say, that which Angry Birds provides.
_______________________________________________________________________
Don't forget to check out today's Conversation Starter, (found on the right hand side) on the criminal indiscretions of an 80 year old Lynn, MA woman.

No comments: