Friday, December 16, 2011

A Gift for the Mature Gentleman - Part II

My husband's father enjoys self-help or inspirational books, but as I mentioned in an earlier entry, $10 does not get you very far at Barnes & Noble. So, what did I do? I visited our local Dollar Tree and was able to find 2 books for him.
 
In pursuit of keeping within my $10 limit, I went out in search for stores that would help me reach this goal. This is how I found Five Below.  As the name implies, everything in this store is $5 or less. Many of the items are sold here at a cheaper price than if you went elsewhere. But be careful when you're here though, because in some instances, the merchandise is actually overpriced. Click here to be directed to their site.

It was here where I found a desk calendar for only $3; it normally retails for $12.99.

With the remaining $5, I purchased him a Reader's Digest subscription. If you're interested in getting this amazing deal for either yourself or a loved one, click here to be directed to the link.

2 comments:

nab said...

sounds cool i think im gonna purchase myself a consumerreports subscription

Gainfully Unemployed said...

We have a consumer reports subscription and use it every time before making a big purchase. I love it and highly recommend it!!